As used in this policy, the terms “using” and “processing” information include using cookies on a computer, subjecting the information to statistical or other analysis and using or handling information in any way, including, but not limited to collecting, storing, evaluating, modifying, deleting, using, combining, disclosing and transferring information within our organization or among our affiliates within the United States or internationally.
How We Collect and Use Personal Information
- Information About You. When you register with us on the Site to create an account (“Account”) and become a registered user (“Member”), you will need to provide us with certain personally identifiable information to complete the registration, including information that can be used to contact or identify you (“Personal Information”). Personal Information that we may ask you to provide includes, for instance, your name, email address, credit card or other billing information.We use this Personal Information mainly to provide the Services, administer your inquiries and process payments.
- Information About Your Child. In connection with your use of the Service, you may provide to us various information about your child’s health history, including his or her date of birth, current and past conditions, medications, developmental progress or milestones, immunization history, allergies, images, height and weight history. The provision of such information is entirely voluntary. We use such information to identify data, resources and other content on the Site that may be relevant to you. We communicate these suggestions to you throughout the Site and through other notification methods such as email, SMS, or telephone, in accordance with your privacy settings. We may also use such information, in both individual and aggregate form, to suggest to you how you can use the Services, or whether it may make sense for you to upgrade your subscription. We also attempt to identify use patterns and unanswered needs in order to improve the Services. You represent and warrant that you are the parent o have the unrestricted right to provide any such information to us.
- Other Information. In addition to Personally Identifiable Information, we also collect the other information that you provide as part of registration and the administration and personalization of your user experience (e.g., without limitation, zip code or gender) (“Non-Identifying Information”). We may use your Personal Information (in some cases, in conjunction with your Non-Identifying Information) to provide the Services, complete your transactions, and administer your inquiries. We may also combine your Personal Information with Non-Identifying Information and aggregate it with information collected from other Members to attempt to provide you with a better experience, to improve the quality and value of the Services and to analyze and understand how our Service is used. We may also use the combined information without aggregating it to serve you specifically, for instance to deliver a product to you according to your preferences or restrictions.
- Log Data. When you visit the Site, whether as a Member or a non-registered user just browsing, our servers automatically record information that your browser sends whenever you visit a website (“Log Data”). This Log Data may include information such as your computer’s Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, browser type, operating system or the webpage you were visiting before you came to our Site, pages of our Site that you visit, the time spent on those pages, access times and dates, and other statistics. We use this information to monitor and analyze use of the Site and the Services and for the Site’s technical administration, to increase our Site’s functionality and user-friendliness, and to better tailor it to our visitors’ needs. For example, we use this information to verify that visitors to the Site meet the criteria required to process their requests. We do not treat Log Data as Personal Information or use it in association with other Personal Information, though we may aggregate, analyze and evaluate such information for a variety of purposes.
Information Sharing and Disclosure
What Is Shared With the Community.
- The information in your Profile will be publicly accessible by the Members. However, the information that you provide to us with regard to your child will remain private, unless you choose to share any of that information with the community as described below.
- One of the primary goals of the Services is to encourage Members to communicate and exchange their view and experiences about parenting. Any question, response or other message that you send to, or receive from, other Members through the Site will be publicly accessible by the community. We believe in self-responsibility, and, therefore, please consider carefully when you share information. Any information you choose to provide and make available to third parties via the Services should reflect how much you want others to know about you and your child.
Aggregate Information and Non-Identifying Information. We may share aggregated information that does not include Personal Information and we may otherwise disclose Non-Identifying Information and Log Data with third parties for industry analysis, demographic profiling and other purposes. Any aggregated information shared in these contexts will not contain your Personal Information.
Service Providers. We may employ third party companies and individuals to facilitate our Services, to provide the Services on our behalf, to perform Site-related services (e.g., without limitation, maintenance services, database management, payment processors, web analytics and improvement of the Services’ features) or to assist us in analyzing how the Services are used. These third parties have access to your Personal Information only to perform these tasks on our behalf and are obligated not to disclose or use it for any other purpose.
Compliance with Laws and Law Enforcement. Kinsights cooperates with government and law enforcement officials and private parties to enforce and comply with the law. We will disclose any information about you to government or law enforcement officials or private parties as we, in our sole discretion, believe necessary or appropriate to respond to claims and legal process (including but not limited to subpoenas), to protect the property and rights of Kinsights or a third party, to protect the safety of the public or any person, or to prevent or stop activity we may consider to be, or to pose a risk of being, illegal, unethical or legally actionable activity.
Business Transfers. We may sell, transfer or otherwise share some or all of its assets, including your Personal Information, in connection with a merger, acquisition, reorganization or sale of assets or in the event of bankruptcy.
Changing or Deleting Your Information
All Members may review, update, correct or delete the Personal Information in their Account by contacting us at email@example.com or by making appropriate corrections on the Site. If you delete all such information, then your Account may become deactivated. You may also delete your Account in our system, in which case we will use commercially reasonable efforts to honor your request. We may retain an archived copy of your records as required by law or for legitimate business purposes.
Kinsights is very concerned with safeguarding your information. All Personal Information is encrypted via SSL/HTTPS throughout our system and in transit to/from users. [No method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure, however. Therefore, while we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.] We will make any legally required disclosures of any breach of the security, confidentiality, or integrity of your unencrypted electronically stored “personal data” (as defined in applicable state statutes on security breach notification) to you via email or conspicuous posting on this Site in the most expedient time possible and without unreasonable delay, insofar as consistent with (i) the legitimate needs of law enforcement or (ii) any measures necessary to determine the scope of the breach and restore the reasonable integrity of the data system.
Links to Other Websites
Our Site may contain links to other websites. If you choose to click on a third party link, you will be directed to that third party’s website. The fact that we link to a website is not an endorsement, authorization or representation of our affiliation with that third party, nor is it an endorsement of their privacy or information security policies or practices. We do not exercise control over third party websites. These other websites may place their own cookies or other files on your computer, collect data or solicit personal information from you. Other websites follow different rules regarding the use or disclosure of the personal information you submit to them. We encourage you to read the privacy policies or statements of the other websites you visit.
Our Policy Toward Children
The Services are not directed to persons under 13. We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from children under 13. If a parent or guardian becomes aware that his or her child has provided us with Personal Information without their consent, he or she should contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. If we become aware that a child under 13 has provided us with Personal Information, we will delete such information from our files.